The terms below apply to use of your Match Hospitality Ticket and Facilities. In particular, we ask you to note the following:
Manchester United operates a strict dress code, with which all Ticket Holders and their guests are required to comply. Ticket Holders will be charged for damage caused during the use of their facilities, save for reasonable wear and tear. If you fail to provide your menu choices (if applicable) within the required period of notice before a match then the Club cannot guarantee that it will be able to provide them. You will not receive any refund if your facilities are cancelled by the Club following a breach of any of these terms and conditions. A Ticket Holder under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 in order to access any of the Hospitality Suites. The terms and conditions below contain further details on each of these points.
Matchday VIP Hospitality Terms and Conditions – Season 2012/13
1. In these terms and conditions:
“Authorised Representative” means a person authorised by a Ticket Holder to use that Ticket Holder’s
Hospitality Ticket, as determined by the Ticket Holder;
“Club” means Manchester United Football Club Limited;
“Entry Materials” means the paper ticket and/or other materials relating to a Hospitality Ticket which
is/are provided to a Ticket Holder prior to the Match;
“Hospitality Ticket” means the right to use a seat (or seats) and associated facilities at the Stadium for
the Match, as such seats and/or facilities are identified in the Hospitality Ticket application process
(subject to paragraph 19);
“Match” means the specific match during the Season for which a Hospitality Ticket is valid;
“Season” means the football season (usually running from August to May inclusive);
“Stadium” means the Club’s ground at Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA; and
“Ticket Holder” means a registered holder of a Hospitality Ticket.
2. The purchaser of a Hospitality Ticket is required to agree to these terms and conditions at the point of
purchase. Any individual purchasing a Hospitality Ticket for a third party shall be deemed to be acting
with the consent of each Ticket Holder for whom they are making that purchase, including acting with
the authority of each Ticket Holder to agree to these terms and conditions on their behalf.
3. The Ground Regulations issued from time to time by the Premier League and the Football League and
which are part of the General Safety Certificate for the Stadium issued by Trafford MBC (copies of which
The terms below apply to use of your Match Hospitality Ticket and Facilities. In particular, we ask you
to note the following:
Manchester United operates a strict dress code, with which all Ticket Holders and their
guests are required to comply.
Ticket Holders will be charged for damage caused during the use of their facilities, save
for reasonable wear and tear.
If you fail to provide your menu choices (if applicable) within the required period of notice
before a match then the Club cannot guarantee that it will be able to provide them.
You will not receive any refund if your facilities are cancelled by the Club following a
breach of any of these terms and conditions.
A Ticket Holder under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 in
order to access any of the Hospitality Suites.
The terms and conditions below contain further details on each of these points.
are exhibited at the Stadium and which can also be obtained from the Club on request) shall form part of
these terms and conditions. The issue of a Hospitality Ticket and subsequent access to the Stadium is
subject to the rules and regulations of FIFA, UEFA, The F.A., the Premier League and the Football
4. A Hospitality Ticket shall permit the Ticket Holder to attend the Match and use the seat (or seats) and
any associated facilities applicable to the Hospitality Ticket at that Match.
5. Only one person (irrespective of age) per match will be admitted to the Stadium in respect of each seat
connected to a Hospitality Ticket and no Ticket Holder (or Authorised Representative) under the age of
18 shall be admitted unless accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
6. Admittance to the Stadium shall only be permitted upon the satisfactory production by a Ticket Holder of
the Entry Materials. For each Match, a Club official will retain a portion of the paper ticket or voucher
contained in the Entry Materials. Admission will be refused to any person who attempts to use Entry
Materials which have been cancelled or withdrawn, or the same Entry Materials on more than one
occasion at the same Match. Such acts will be deemed a breach of these terms and conditions and, for
the avoidance of doubt, the provisions of paragraph 21 shall apply.
7. Hospitality Tickets and Entry Materials are personal to Ticket Holders, are not transferable and shall not
be transferred or resold under any circumstances, save: (i) where expressly permitted by the Club in its
absolute discretion; (ii) via any ticket exchange system operated by or on behalf of the Club if that
system becomes applicable to the executive ticket or hospitality facilities; and (iii) that Entry Materials
may be used by (but not sold to) an Authorised Representative in accordance with these terms and
conditions. Each Ticket Holder shall ensure that each such Authorised Representative complies with
these terms and conditions at all times and, in any event, the Ticket Holder shall be held responsible
and shall be liable for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions by any Authorised
8. The unauthorised sale or disposal of tickets is a criminal offence under section 166 of the Criminal
Justice and Public Order Act 1994, as amended by the Violent Crime Reduction Act 2006. If a Ticket
Holder (or an Authorised Representative of a Ticket Holder) is convicted of a criminal offence related to
the illegal sale of match tickets, or the Club reasonably suspects that they have committed such an
offence, it may: (i) notify the Premier League who in turn may notify the UK Football Policing Unit.
Information that the Club may disclose includes contact details of the Ticket Holder, information about
the offence (or suspected offence) and about any other ticket purchases; and/or (ii) immediately
suspend and/or withdraw any tickets or facilities in the name of the Ticket Holder.
9. Hospitality Tickets and Entry Materials will remain the property of the Club at all times (provided that
each Ticket Holder retains a Hospitality Ticket and/or Entry Materials on behalf of the Club and is
entitled to the benefits conferred by the Hospitality Ticket and/or Entry Materials subject to these terms
and conditions). The Club reserves the right to require the immediate return of a Hospitality Ticket
and/or Entry Materials at any time.
10. It is the responsibility of a Ticket Holder to check that the Entry Materials are complete when they arrive by post. If any items are missing from the Entry Materials, the Ticket Holder should contact the Club as soon as practicable.
11. The dates and times of all of the Club’s fixtures for the Season are subject to alteration. Reasonable
endeavours shall be made by the Club to publicise any fixture change as far in advance as possible.
The Club shall have no liability whatsoever to Ticket Holders or Authorised Representatives in respect
of any such re-arranged fixtures.
12. Each Ticket Holder and all Authorised Representatives shall abide by the Sporting Events (Control of
Alcohol etc) Act 1985 (as amended) and by all other instructions issued by the Club relating to the
consumption of alcohol at the Stadium. If the Ticket Holder (or an Authorised Representative of the
Ticket Holder) is convicted of an offence contrary to the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act
1985 (as amended) or fails to comply with any instructions issued by the Club relating to the
consumption of alcohol at the Stadium (or the Club reasonably suspects that such an offence has been
committed or that such instructions issued by the Club have not been complied with) the Club may eject
such Ticket Holder (or Authorised Representative of the Ticket Holder) from the Stadium.
13. If a Ticket Holder loses or misplaces their Entry Materials, or has the same stolen, they should report
this to the Club as soon as possible. If any Entry Materials are stolen, the Police should also be
contacted immediately by the Ticket Holder and the relevant crime number should be quoted in all
correspondence with the Club. The Club may issue duplicate Entry Materials in its absolute discretion
and on such terms and conditions as the Club directs. Unless otherwise directed by the Club, there
shall be a fee charged to the Ticket Holder for the issue of any such duplicate. The level of such fee at
the relevant time shall vary depending on the specific circumstances and the Ticket Holder shall be
informed prior to the issue of any such duplicate (which will not be posted out but must be collected from
Ticketing & Membership Services).
14. Without the Club’s prior written permission, to be given or withheld in its absolute discretion, Ticket
Holders and/or Authorised Representatives shall not use Hospitality Tickets and/or Entry Materials as
gifts or prizes in any competitions or other promotional activities of whatever nature, nor shall Ticket
Holders and/or Authorised Representatives make any public statement, announcement or declaration or
carry out or be associated with any promotional activity of whatever nature expressly or impliedly
referring to a relationship between: (i) the Ticket Holder, any Authorised Representative or any third
party associated with the Ticket Holder and/or Authorised Representative; and (ii) the Club and/or
Manchester United Limited and/or any Manchester United group company.
15. The name “Manchester United” and the Club crest are trade marks owned by the Club and in which the
Club has built up a substantial amount of goodwill. Use of the Club crest by a Ticket Holder or
Authorised Representative without the express written consent of the Club is strictly prohibited and for
the avoidance of doubt paragraph 21 of these terms and conditions shall apply in the event of such
unauthorised use. The Club reserves the right to take any action as it deems appropriate (including
commencing legal proceedings) to protect its brand and image.
16. The facilities afforded by a Hospitality Ticket are located in areas of the Stadium reserved for the
exclusive use of the Club’s supporters. The Club shall be entitled to immediately eject from the Stadium
any person if the Club considers or the Club’s officials consider that: (i) such person is not a supporter of
the Club; and/or (ii) the presence or behaviour of such person may create and/or increase potential
crowd disorder at the Stadium. Additionally, in both cases the use of a Hospitality Ticket by such person
shall be deemed a breach of these terms and conditions by the Ticket Holder and, for the avoidance of
doubt, the provisions of paragraph 21 shall apply.
17. The Club shall have the right to charge a Ticket Holder for the cost of any repairs, cleaning,
maintenance and/or replacement of any facilities in the Stadium resulting from any act or omission of
the Ticket Holder and/or any Authorised Representative, except as a result of reasonable wear and tear.
18. The Club shall have the right to immediately eject from the Stadium any Ticket Holder and/or Authorised
Representative who is in breach of these terms and conditions and, for the avoidance of doubt, the
provisions of paragraph 21 shall apply.
19. The Club may at any time in its reasonable discretion substitute a Ticket Holder’s allocated seat and/or
facilities with an alternative seat and/or facilities of equal (or greater) price.
20. The Ticket Holder shall pay for any additional food and drink (over and above the food and drink
provided as part of the Hospitality Ticket) consumed and/or any additional goods or services (for
example merchandise or commemorative photographs) purchased by the Ticket Holder (and/or its
Authorised Representative) on the match day on which they are purchased.
21. The Club reserves the right to cancel a Hospitality Ticket and/or and any other Club-related tickets or
facilities held in the name of the Ticket Holder (and/or terminate any contract between the Ticket Holder
and the Club) if: (i) a Ticket Holder, any Authorised Representative (or any individual in possession of
the relevant Entry Materials) breaches any of these terms and conditions or otherwise misuses the
Hospitality Ticket; or (ii) the Ticket Holder is prohibited by law from attending any football ground
(including the Stadium). In the event of a cancellation of a Hospitality Ticket pursuant to this paragraph
21, no refund will be paid.
22. If, following issue of a Hospitality Ticket and/or Entry Materials, the remittance tendered in payment of
the same shall be dishonoured or in any other way refused (other than by the Club), the Ticket Holder
shall be liable to pay any bank and reasonable administrative charges incurred by the Club as a result.
In addition, this shall be a breach of these terms and conditions and, for the avoidance of doubt, the
provisions of paragraph 21 shall apply.
23. Once booked and/or purchased no Ticket Holder shall be entitled to cancel a Hospitality Ticket or obtain
any refund, and the Club shall be entitled to seek full payment in respect of all tickets and/or facilities
booked. No refunds will be given by the Club for any matches unattended. Where any match is
cancelled, abandoned or postponed, the Club shall have no liability to any Ticket Holder or Authorised
Representative (or any person attempting to access the Stadium using a Hospitality Ticket and/or Entry
Materials) except that, following any cancellation, abandonment or postponement of a home match, a
Ticket Holder shall be entitled to attend the rearranged match (if any).
24. Each Ticket Holder shall indemnify the Club against any and all costs, expenses and/or losses of
whatever nature however incurred, suffered directly or indirectly by the Club as a result of any breach of
these terms and conditions by the Ticket Holder and/or any Authorised Representative, or a failure by
such persons or entities to pay any sums to the Club when due. Such costs and/or expenses shall
include (without limitation): (i) any legal costs incurred by the Club or its professional advisers; and (ii)
interest on sums due to the Club at a rate of 8% above the base rate of the Bank of England from time
25. Ticket Holders and Authorised Representatives shall not bring into (or use within) the Stadium any
equipment which is capable of recording footage of a match, save in respect of mobile phones used
only for the purpose of making telephone calls or sending messages or emails in text form.
26. Ticket Holders and Authorised Representatives are unable to re-enter the Stadium if they leave the
Stadium at any time on a match day, save where otherwise permitted by the Club in its absolute
27. No Ticket Holder or Authorised Representative will be permitted access to the Stadium unless they
comply with the relevant dress code (as directed by the Club from time to time) which applies to their
Hospitality Ticket. Whether any Ticket Holder or Authorised Representative complies with the dress
code shall be at the sole discretion and judgement of the Club.
28. Smoking is not permitted in any part of the Stadium and the Club takes a serious view of any individual
in breach of this policy. The Club reserves the right to eject from the Stadium any Ticket Holder or
Authorised Representative smoking anywhere in the Stadium.
29. A Ticket Holder of any Hospitality Ticket which includes a meal as part of the benefits and facilities
enjoyed may (depending on the facilities which apply) be informed in advance of the relevant match of
those menu choices available (if any) to them. If a Ticket Holder fails to inform the Club of its menu
choices at least 72 hours in advance of a match, then the Club shall not be required to take account of
that choice in preparing any food or meal for that Ticket Holder (or for any Authorised Representatives
or other Hospitality Tickets held by the same Ticket Holder).
30. The Club may from time to time create images and/or audio-visual video footage of Ticket Holders and
Authorised Representatives attending the Stadium. The Club owns all rights in such images and footage
and shall be entitled to use it for the purpose of: (i) promoting the Club and its commercial partners; and
(ii) any other commercial activity, provided in each case that such use does not harm the reputation of
the relevant individual whose image is used.
31. In the absence of negligence or other breach of duty by the Club or its servants or agents, a Ticket
Holder shall responsible for any loss, theft, injury or damage to any of their articles left or displayed
in or at the Stadium.
32. The Club shall not have any liability to a Ticket Holder (and/or any Authorised Representative) for any
failure to carry out or delay in carrying out any of the Club’s obligations under these terms and
conditions, including admitting a Ticket Holder (and/or any Authorised Representative) to the Stadium
for a particular match, caused by any circumstance outside its reasonable control.
33. The Club shall not have any liability to a Ticket Holder (and/or any Authorised Representative) for any
late delivery or non-delivery of any Entry Materials, documents or other materials resulting from the
actions or omissions of any postal service provider.
34. IF YOU CLAIM THAT THE CLUB HAS BEEN NEGLIGENT OR HAS BREACHED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN SOME WAY, THE CLUB SHALL ONLY BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST OR OTHER EXPENSE YOU INCUR, OR IN RESPECT OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INURY SUFFERED, THAT IS A FORSEEABLE CONSEQUENCE OF THE CLAIMED NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH.
35. These terms and conditions, together with (as appropriate): (i) any associated online application
form/process; (ii) the scripted information read out to callers to the call centre; (iii) the information
provided as part of the interactive voice recognition Hospitality Ticket purchase process; or (iv)
information provided to an individual attending the ticket office; comprise the entire agreement between
the Club and a Ticket Holder in relation to the purchase and use of a Hospitality Ticket.
36. The Club and its group companies shall be entitled to enforce these terms and conditions against each
Ticket Holder. The Club shall at any time be entitled to assign, transfer or novate the benefit and/or
burden of (and any right or obligation of the Club under) these terms and conditions to any of its group
37. If any of these terms and conditions is determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or
unenforceable to any extent, such provision shall, to that extent, be severed from the remaining terms
and conditions which shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by applicable laws.
38. The failure by the Club to exercise or a delay by the Club in exercising a right or remedy provided by
these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of the right or remedy or a waiver of other rights
or remedies. A waiver of a breach of any of these terms and conditions does not constitute a waiver of
any other breach and shall not affect the other terms and conditions.
39. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and
the parties shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
Take a look at the view you'll get from the many hospitality facilities on offer with our interactive stadium seating plan.